The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
PAL PSX games on PS2 –
I plan on modding my PS2 with the DMS3. Will I be able to play PAL PSX backups?
We solder a lot of wires onto the mainboard of the PS2 just for the fun.
Thanx for your graceful words to somebody who's just trying to learn. I'll remember to answer newbies the same way when I'm knowledgeble on this subject.
if you are using a ntsc ps2 and a ntsc tv, you will have the problem with the game being too large for the screen
Any current solutions for that issue? For example when going out from my PC to TV, I use tvtool to correct screen size issues.
if the tv is ntsc, you'll need to patch your pal psx games. which means making backups of them to patch(if you can find the patches), patching then burning, and then they should work.
or you could just get a scan converter
or if you're using pal psx games on a pal ps2 on a pal tv, they'll work fine.
First of all thanx for ur help. More questions........
1) Are "PAL-to-NTSC patches" common? If so, is there a good site to get patches from, or is Kazaa the best answer?
2) Is there a FAQ somewhere about patching?
3) What's a scan converter?
If there are URL's you could direct me to, that would also be cool.
1. for psx games? probably not so common anymore, but you might be able to find a generic patch
2. should find a faq in the same place you find the patch. or at least some sort of readme file.
3. it's a piece of hardware that converts one signal to another. like ntsc to vga, or pal to ntsc, etc.
patches dont fix the screen size issue. the only way to do it is to convert the signal..
Thanks all for your help. I'm off to do some research. I'll post URL's if I find any good ones.