WIP - RPCS3 Open Source PS3 Debugger/Emulator Showcased
Budding PS3 homebrew developers will appreciate RPCS3
, a new project that was showcased today. RPCS3 is an open source PS3 debugger
and eventually the developers intend for it to be a full fledged PS3 emulator. A PS3 emulator for the PC is still years away, but it is neat to see that some skilled folks have taken on the task. Currently, the app allows developers to disassemble their homebrew and in the future this could end up being the go to program for devs to test their homebrew. In addition the program is shaping up to include an ELF compiler. Please note this PC based program is only for experienced developers. If you are a beginner and unfamiliar with programming on the PlayStation 3, this app will be of no benefit to you.
List of recent project changes over the last week:
- implemented ELF compiler (Asm, only for test).
- Fixed ADDI opcode.
- fixed FileSystem syscalls..
- Fixed dump code.
- Founded and emulated more instructions.
- Fixed sc value..
- Emulated more instructions.
- Fixed SetPc value..
- fixed compilation bugs for debug mode
- fixed read/write 16/32/64/128
- implemented fast read/write.
- emulated some file system SysCalls
- rewrote MThread mode (now use pthread 2.8.0)
- rewrote memory manager
- rewrote save (ini) manager
- main and Log frames now save current position and size
- added more opcodes
- fixed crash if Log/DisAsm/Memory Viewer frame is closed
- implemented OGL video mode
- implemented MT dumping.
Project Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/rpcs3/
Source: PS3 Crunch