Apparently the whole warning behind the last release was a misunderstanding, as they only stated the tool would validate the patching process, and nothing more. Instead of taking the open criticism lying down, the developers have returned with a better product, which now includes more validation process, such as NAND and NOR headers.
The following has been roughly translated using Google:
After the analysis made unfair by the member in our program "RUT Dark Ronin" the ps3devwiki ("unjust" because the program that had not been created to achieve the purposes for which has been criticized), but still accept their criticism and unfounded decided to do exactly what he asks: validation of all headers of a "NAND" and "NOR" and their sizes.
"RUT Dark Ronin" claimed that my program apply patch without checking these areas, which is actually true, since it is a program whose sole purpose was precisely this: apply patch!
But as professionals we are democratic and we are always researching and developing programs to increasingly meet the needs of our students, we decided to accept the unfair criticism made by him and turn it into constructive, so we improved our program and now in its new version, in addition to patch, it also creates a complete verification of almost all the headers of a NOR / NAND, something that no other program is currently, or had to be done manually.
- Checking the header and size of files:
- Checks if the metldr is compatible with downgrade.
- Validation editable via xml
- Search patch for external NOR and NAND.
How to use:
- Make reading your NAND or NOR with E3 or Progskeet.
- Open your backup with v1.2 Downgrade Venix
If by chance the program detects a fault, we will use the Flow Rebuild to solve.
- Let's download the Flowrebuild here
- We will open your NOR defective.
- Now select the "Byte reverse and extract a NOR dump file."
- Open your NOR and execute the function.
- The program will create a new NOR with the extension. REV.
- Remove the extension and apply the patch to v1.2 Downgrade Venix
Source: Cursos Games