Actually i created a way to make really simple the modification or ripping process on some ps2 classics, in this case i make it with GTA San andreas PS2 but it can be adapted to any game by changing the name on the batch file, i make this because i think is great that we can now modify GTA san andreas PS3 version too (Actually PS2 version being emulated) so we can work with mods and testing all in a really faster way without burning disc or installing into hdd like old times .
The goal of this is that more people or devs can see how easy is to test modding stuff on the game right now with the PS3.
We can now mod everything in the game as we know (MAIN.SCM Scripting, TXD modifications, some DFF stuff, cfg's, audio music, etc).
- Download gtasa_modtools v1.0.3 updated Remember just for USA GTA SA right now.
** QUICK TUTORIAL
First just put ISO.BIN.ENC into the tool folder already extracted (gtasa_modtools).
1. With ISO.BIN.ENC file copied into folder now you launch decrypt.bat, you will see a cmd window that says the progress on decryption, when it finish you should have now a GTASA.ISO image, don't rename it!, because the tools work with this file
Something like this:
2. Then run encrypt.bat and you will see again a cmd window followed of a new windows that is eXPERT 1.05.
- You need to select first plugin "ps2_cdvd5_iso.epi" in the plugins list on eXPERT window, now open GTASA.ISO already decrypted in the same folder and just select these options in the next order:
Here a sample pic:
2. 1. Extract LBA
2. 2. Extract files (It will extract every file in the .iso into a new folder created in the same dir with iso name)
-- Now you can make your modifications into the game data already extracted by eXPERT into folder with iso name (example: "@GTASA.ISO" folder).
2. 3. Rebuild files (It will generate a new ISO with the new files previusly modified by you in the game folder)
2. 4. Rebuild LBA
2. 5. Then press "Exit" on eXPERT window
eXPERT window should close and cmd window will keep working encrypting the new .ISO created and modified by eXPERT like you will see in the cmd window, when it finish it should close.
It's done now you should have a file NEW-ISO.BIN.ENC ready prepared to be copied to the ps3 by replacing the old ISO.BIN.ENC on gta sa so just rename it.
Note 1: GTA SA USA ps2classic folder on /dev_hdd0/game/NPUD20946/USRDIR/ISO.BIN.ENC.
See your changes and mods by launching it on XMB!.
Note 2: PEOPLE THAT ALREADY HAVE IT DECRYPTED AND HAVE "@GTASA.ISO" FOLDER BECAUSE ALREADY FOLLOW THE FIRST GUIDE.
Before this you need to be sure about you have this files and folders already extracted in the previusly process:
"@GTASA.ISO" folder with game data
The latest GTASA.ISO iso created.
You will have this if you have not delete anything from the previusly process.
1. Open encrypt.bat so eXPERT window should come.
2. Now again select plugin "ps2_cdvd5_iso.epi" and open again GTASA.ISO (We just need it to help the program to get some values not files because they are already in "@GTASA.ISO" folder being modified ) already in the root folder.
Now select these options: (Again we don't need to use Extract files option because we already have the files we modified in "@GTASA.ISO" folder)
Here a sample pic:
2. 1. Extract LBA
2. 2. Rebuild files
2. 3. Rebuild LBA
Then press "Exit" on eXPERT window
3. Again now you should have your NEW-ISO.BIN.ENC file ready to be copied to the PS3.
Like you see is really simple. Remember the tools make more easy the process if you just leave the files as is and just make modifications on to "@GTASA.ISO" game data folder.
Again now in few steps , for devs and modders constantly modding the game :
-Modify your game on "@GTASA.ISO" folder.
-Make sure you still have filelist.txt, GTASA.ISO-LBA.TXT, GTASA.ISO-relink-LBA.TXT and the latest GTASA.ISO iso created. All these files are previusly created in last process with eXPERT, again DON'T DELETE ANYTHING AFTER YOU FINISH YOUR ISO.
-Just use eXPERT in the same way the pic posted in the post does: Extract LBA, Rebuild files and Rebuild LBA, then just press "Exit"
-Now cmd window will finish encrypting the image and you should have now a file NEW-ISO.BIN.ENC ready to be used on the PS3
I think that we can try to make the game too more faster by modding somethings because i think the game should need a little speedup too, we can gain a loading screens faster and maybe downgrade some effects.
Now let's start all the gta sa modding on PS3 .