For best performance you should use the MAME romset 0.78. I have tested using lower romsets such as 0.37b5 and that romset worked well, but again for best performance and compatibility you should use 0.78 MAME romset. There are some things to be aware of that i have outlined below. As this is still an experimental core and could have some issues not discovered yet.
- MAME romset 0.78 is required for best performance.
- At first screen of MAME agreement when ask to type OK, Move Left Stick - Left to Right to signal "OK"
- R3 will access the RetroArch Main Menu
- R2 will access the MAME Menu options.
- Select in game will add credits to the game.
- Core is based on v0.9.8 of RetroArch. (not the current 0.9.9)
- This is an Experimental Core for the PS3 from Libretro Code Re-depository. (link)
- This is an Unofficial release Please DO NOT BUG official RetroArch developer of any problems.
- Custom RetroArch Main Menu Wood Background Added in place of default RetroArch menu.
- When accessing MAME settings (R2 button) settings will not save for next boot
- Save / Load States will not work on a few titles. (mainly Midway titles)
- On rare occasion Some RetroArch Main Menu options will not work, after switching many games. A restart of the app will correct this
- RetroArch Developers: Squarepusher , Maister
- Libretro Contributors: View the list of many contributors here.
- RetroXMB Developer: doobz
- Artwork: Sandungas (PIC1) & STLcardsWS (Custom Wood Main Menu)
Download: UNOFFICIAL RetroArch (MAME0.78)