I've never been able to successfully make multiMAN load PSN Games. Tried everything from direct boot and etc, but it just doesn't work.
The good news is that multiMAN does support PSN Game covers. And since multiMAN/mmCM 04.00.01+ with the ability to now scan both GAME and GAMEI folders to look for a file named: RELOAD.SELF, this trick makes it easier now to display your PSN Games or other Apps in multiMAN/mmCM. And if you keep updating your covers from MCLUB (link provided below), you should always have the most latest PSN covers.
The reason why I created this tweak is because I like to view all the games/apps I've installed in my console in one glance. So when I have multiMAN/mmCM open I can view all the games I have installed in a nice and organized way. I hope you guys enjoy this tip.
Items you'll need:
- multiMAN/mmCM 04.00.01+ (the latest version)
- gameDATA Tool (Rev. 2) (see link below)
- EXT GAME DATA LOADER by Jay-Jay (see link below)
- PSN games or apps.
- a phony LOADER.SELF file (see link below).
- A USB Stick or FTP to transfer LOADER.SELF.
- First install your PSN Game PKG(s) on your Internal or External HDD (for External HDD, please see the links below for gameDATA Tool (Rev. 2) and EXT GAME DATA LOADER by Jay-Jay). Also look at the PSN Game External HDD Compatibility List to make sure the game can be loaded on your External HDD [see below for link to this chart].
- Now with multiMAN's File Manager go to the directory where your PSN Game folder was installed.
For example: I installed the PSN game UNO -- this game can be loaded from External HD. So the folder I am looking for in my Internal HDD under the game folder is NPUB30160 - [/dev_hdd0/game/NPUB30160]
EXTERNAL HDD PSN GAMES: For those that know how to install PSN Games on your External HDDs, you would go to: [/dev_usb00#/GAMEI/NPUB30160] - #=the number of your USB HDD.
- Put a file named: RELOAD.SELF in each PSN game folder which you want visible in multiMAN. You can use a USB Stick or FTP to transfer this file. The file RELOAD.SELF must be in the same directory as the game's EBOOT.BIN file.
NOTE: RELOAD.SELF must be an INVALID/PHONY file so when you click the game it will just bring you to XMB. It can be zero bytes or any other file renamed to RELOAD.SELF or a copy of the EBOOT.BIN renamed to RELOAD.SELF.
(I've included a copy of my own RELOAD.SELF file: see attachments below).
- Once you copy this file over, go back to game display mode in multiMAN and do a rescan so it fetches the new games you have added. Repeat the above steps until all your PSN games or Apps installed in your Internal HDD game folder show up in multiMAN.
- Now then, if you load the game from multiMAN, you have to keep in mind that it will not load the game like you are used to with backup retail PS3 GAMES. It will put the game ready under the /app_home/PS3_GAME/ and the PS3 DISC icons, but DO NOT try to load them there, because they will not work, it will just return you back to the XMB. What you need to do instead is scroll down on your XMB Game column until you find the UNO (or your PSN game) icon (like how you always launch the PSN game icons from the Game XMB of your PS3).
- EXTERNAL HDD PSN GAMES: For those that have installed their PSN Games on External HDDs using gameData Tool (Rev. 2) or EXT GAME DATA LOADER by Jay-Jay, you can actually launch External HDD Mode straight from multiMAN after you load the game (of course the game must be compatible with external HDDs and also they must already be installed on the external HDD and also the dummy game cover for it.
So in order to have the game to put you in External HDD mode when you launch it, simply go to the Game Menu in multiMAN for that particular game that's installed on your External HDD and switch on "EXT GAME DATA".
Now launch the game after switching on this feature in multiMAN and you should be taken to the XMB, but in External HDD mode. Now just scroll down until you find the PSN Game you want to play.
Problem 1: If your new version of multiMAN doesn't seem to fetch the RELOAD.SELF file from the GAMEI folder of your external HDDs, please look at this guide to fix this small issue. http://psx-scene.com/forums/f192/%5B...69/#post971009 ([TUTORIAL] How to make PSN Game Covers show in multiMAN (plus other homebrew apps)) -- (this link should take you to post #7 in the topic).
Please note that if you later want to delete the PSN full game, you must always delete the game from the XMB. DO NOT delete the game from multiMAN, because you may risk some errors.
In order to install and play these PSN Games on your External HDD, you will need one of these loaders:
gameDATA Tool (Rev2): Click Here to learn where to get it and how to use it: (Rev 2) works with TrueBlue Firmware.
EXT GAME DATA LOADER by Jay-Jay: Click here to learn how to get it and how to use it. For TB users, you must use multiMAN/mmCM 04.00.01+: http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/...-jay-jay-1685/
Phony LOADER.SELF File
PSN Games Compatibility Chart for External HDD mode:
PS3 GAME Covers (multiMAN) (by MCLUB)
Please let me know if you understand this tutorial, if not, I'll do my best to amend what's not clear..
LIKE/VOTE for this Entry in this month's Contest!