Rumor: Could This Be It? FEB 20 Announcement By Sony
Referring to my previous article
regarding Sony's teaser video for 20 February comes a recent patent that might shed some light on Sony's intent. From the sources below one could assume that the announcement revolves, as many here at psx-scene did predict, around the release of a new model of the PS Vita. The Vita in question could be a 4G model that surpasses the rather 'outdated' 3G model. Not only that but you could see a purchase price of the upgraded PS Vita similar to current Vita price ranges. This also includes updates to accommodate user requests and a price cut to memory cards. Time will only tell.
About PS Vita Rumor:
- A new 4G LTE model of the PlayStation Vita will be replacing the 3G model sometime this year. According to the source, this will be the so-called “price drop” that has been rumored for the Vita as the new model will retain the $299 price point for an upgraded system.
- The Wi-Fi version will still be available on the market for $249
- To go along with the 4G model, a significant firmware update will go live bringing in a lot of requested features including new ways to organize apps in folders.
- The new model may be unveiled along with the rumored PS4 this month at PlayStation’s February 20th event or at E3, but will not hit the market until later in the year.
- A price cut on memory cards will be made. No details on prices.
: patentbolt via gamerxchange via wololo.net
PSX-SCENE: The Pinnacle Scene Xenocracy