So, everybody knows that Siren game on PS3 have very bad of visual quality picture. User chrrox on Xentax Nov 24, 2010 posted bms script for game archive.
Well, i have been looked inside of game files for something special and have found internal game settings file in Japanese with many global render options.
Here English translation of this file:
# Initial setting of rendering
# 【Jack visibility】
# 【Color filter】
MainDrawScreen 1024x512 # Drawing of the main screen resolution
SubDrawScreen 512x512 # Jack the drawing surface resolution visibility
SubRenderingPriorityPolicy Rote # Render priority control of Jack visibility
ColorFilterMode Off # Color filter
HDR Off # HDR
UseTSAA On # TSAA Switch
WireFrame On # Wireframe
DrawClipShere On # Displaying ball clip
PerfomanceDetail On # View performance details
ShowMemoryStatus On # Memory Status
List of various graphic modification:
(choice only one, what best looks for your eyes)
0. original - 1024x512
for compare with others
1. all off + HD (buggy)
by default this game running in 1024x512 with upscaled 720p
this settings for maximum sharpness without any smoothing and true 720p quality.
Without TSAA many in-game models like plants a little buggy.
just for fun/secret rooms finder through walls looking
2. TSAA + HD
like upper one, but no bugs with plants now
3. TSAA + HDR + HD
nothing special, only shadow/light contrast better
4. TSAA + HDR + Color Filter + HD (recomended)
It's almost like original atmosphere post-processing render settings with one different - true 720p, more sharpness.
- For viewing this txt files you will need to change charset to "Shift-JIS" with "Notepad++" it's simple, but not necessary open it, just replace.
- Open any HEX editor
- Open "commonen.dat" from:
- Select "go to" function in "hex" mode with "1C08C800" adress.
- Then copy and paste one selected "render_setting.txt" right into this adress in "overwrite/OVR" mode (insert button).
- Then save it and start the game (no need to reinstall game data)
- Will work on any version i guess, tested on BCAS-20047.
Also, i will try to mod textures, maybe some beta content here...