EDIT: PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF 7/22/11 THE PSX-Scene MONTHLY CONTEST RULES HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO REWARD SUBMISSIONS BASED ON QUALITY vs. QUANTITY. PLEASE REVIEW THE RULES BEFORE MAKING YOUR SUBMISSION.
We are pleased to announce the launch of the PSX-Scene monthly developer contest. Being a developer can be a thankless job sometimes so we wanted to provide recognition as well as an award to the developers who make the scene what it is. So get ready to submit your original themes, apps, and homebrew to the PSX-Scene member news submission forum
The rules are simple.
1. The contest will run once each month and you can submit as many projects aof frequently as you wish
2. In order to qualify for entry the release must be new, reside in the PSX-Scene forums and can not be copied or originate from any other sites
3. Entries should be submitted as an article including an image and description of your release. Submit your entries to the member news submission forum
so the moderators can review and promote to the front page of PSX-Scene.
4. Only releases that are promoted to the front page of PSX as news count
5. Moderators NOT admins decide what gets promoted to the front page.
How do you win?
1. The winner will be the person who receives the most 'likes'
from the PSX-Scene community for their submissions that are approved to the home page of PSX. The PSX-Scene moderators will review all submitted entries and promote the best of the best to the front page.
2. At the end of the contest period the developer who has the most TOTAL 'likes'
to their submissions on the front page is the winner. The contest runs from the 1st day through the last day of the month. Winners will be announced during the first week of the following month.
3. If there is a tie and more than one developer has the same total number of 'likes'
in their submissions promoted to the front page of PSX-Scene the prize will be split equally.
What is the prize?
1. Your releases are published to the front page of PSX-Scene!
2. During the 1st week of each month PSX-Scene will post a review of the work that the winning developer did for the PSX-Scene community. The review will include links to your releases within the PSX-Scene forums and any other information you wish (a bio, projects you are working on, links to your own web site - whatever you want or nothing at all - the choice is yours.)
3. $250 donation to the developer with the most releases approved to the PSX home page! Donation will be made via PayPal once the contest winner is announced. Even if you don't do this for the money you can always donate to another dev after receiving your prize, split it between several developers or give it to your favorite charity, or just buy some cool shit for yourself. It's your prize money you can do with it whatever you wish.
Any questions please PM me directly in the forums (DSAPSX)
Moderators, admins, or paid staff are NOT eligible for this contest. Winners may continue to compete in future contests including this one each month if they so choose. The first contest period runs from August 1st - August 31st.
Important! The developer always owns their own work. In order for the submission to count towards the contest it must be announced exclusively on PSX-Scene with the files posted in the PSX-Scene forums. When you see your submission on the home page (within 24 hours after you submit) you will know it counts towards the monthly contest. Please check our NEWLY UPDATED TOS
which protects developer ownership and intellectual property for ALL projects submitted!