Ok so the facebook 'likes' idea didn't catch on so we are putting the rules back to the way they were for October while its still early enough in the month. We still want to encourage more submissions so we'll be offering 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes.
Just like last month the project with the most likes wins the top prize of $150.
The next 2 prizes will be awarded to the next two highest vote getters. Each will receive a $50 dollar donation.
The rules are simple.
1. The contest will run once each month and you can submit as many projects as frequently as you wish
2. In order to qualify for entry the release must be new, reside in the PSX-Scene forums and can not be copied or originate from any other sites
3. Entries should be submitted as an article including an image and description of your release. Submit your entries to the member news submission forum
so the moderators can review and promote to the front page of PSX-Scene.
4. Only releases that are promoted to the front page of PSX-Scene as news count
5. Moderators NOT admins decide what gets promoted to the front page.
How do you win?
1. There will be up to 3 winners in the November contest
. The project with the most 'likes' will win $150. The next 2 highest 'liked' projects will each win $50 donations.
The PSX-Scene moderators will review all submitted entries and promote the best of the best to the front page. Once the article is promoted to the front page simply click the 'like' link to vote for your favorites.
2. The contest runs from the 1st day through the last day of the month. Winners will be announced during the first week of the following month.
What is the prize?
1. Your releases are published to the front page of PSX-Scene!
2. During the 1st week of each month PSX-Scene will post a review of the work that the winning developers did for the PSX-Scene community. The review will include links to your releases within the PSX-Scene forums and any other information you wish (a bio, projects you are working on, links to your own web site - whatever you want or nothing at all - the choice is yours.)
3. $150 donation for first place and $50 each to the next 2 highest liked projects.
The donation will be made via PayPal once the contest winner is announced. Even if you don't do this for the money you can always donate to another dev after receiving your prize, split it between several developers or give it to your favorite charity, or just buy some cool shit for yourself. It's your prize money you can do with it whatever you wish.
Any questions please PM me directly in the forums (DSAPSX)
Moderators, admins, or paid staff are NOT eligible for this contest. Winners may continue to compete in future contests including this one each month if they so choose. The November contest period runs from November 1st - November 30th.
Important! The developer always owns their own work. In order for the submission to count towards the contest it must be announced exclusively on PSX-Scene with the files posted in the PSX-Scene forums. When you see your submission on the home page (within 24 hours after you submit) you will know it counts towards the monthly contest. Please check our NEWLY UPDATED TOS
which protects developer ownership and intellectual property for ALL projects submitted!