- Seems to appear mostly on consoles with Samsung NORS (CECHL**-CECH20**)
- May be caused by an error being thrown while writing to NOR (this is theory)
- Mostly caused by a corrupt area of flash called VTRM
The original RSOD "fix" was actually a CFW patch to bypass the RSOD. basic_plugins.sprx was modified to ignore the error condition to allow the console to boot. While this worked, certain things like trophies still didn't work correctly.
The actual RSOD fix occurs by the VTRM area on flash being rewritten. The ability to do this is already built into the firmware, it just needs to be called.
Steps from GameOS:
- Install the NORSOD patched PUP so that you can boot.
- Install the rsodfix.gnpdrm.pkg package, and run it from XMB
- Run rsodfix.
- Reboot and install whatever firmware you want
Steps from Linux:
ps3dm_vtrm /dev/ps3dmproxy init
If you would like to show your support for this, please donate to this wiki.
Proudly brought to you by PSX-Scene's Tranced!
Have news? Post it in the Member News Submissions Thread