Original Article: multiMAN and PS3 Homebrew developer deank has released a new PS3 FTP Plugin for PS3 Dev user's VSH PRXloader v1.0, that will allow for your FTP transfers to be done in the background while playing games, on XMB, Watching Movies, ect..Deank has outlined the Pro's & Con's of this POC Plugin and all the details below. For more information on VSH PRXloader v1.0 click here.
vsh_ftp_server_prx.zip (27.16KB) (sprx+source)
* Added support for DATE/TIME when listing folders
* Added proper support for PWD, LIST, MLST, MLSD and MKD commands
* Added back "FEAT" command to help ftp clients negotiate the connection easier
* Added support for passive mode (PASV)
* Renaming of files/folders now work
* Increased send/receive buffer size a bit (reaching 9+MB/s)
* No longer a POC, but fully functional
ftp_server.sprx - 11 562 bytes
Pros: - PS3 FTP server on port 21 while in XMB/vsh/games (or port 8021 if 21 is used):
1) Browse, create, delete, rename files and folders
2) Send / Receive files
3) Full access to the PS3 filesystem
4) Speed: 7 to 10MB/s
5) Login: anonymous | Password: (anything)
6) Custom command: "SITE SHUTDOWN" will shutdown the ps3 (usually a prompt will appear at next boot to confirm that everything is ok)
7) Write access to /dev_flash (mounted as dev_blind)
My test: While loading "Beyond: Two Souls" I transferred 3 movies to /dev_hdd0 - 3GB each, without noticing game stutters or glitches
This is a fully functional plugin now.
Let me know if you can test it with @user 's PRXLOADER. (edit plugins.txt or rename ftp_server.sprx to my_plugin.sprx)
Thanks goes to @user for the great prxloader tool and cobra for the release!!