New features in this release:
- SFO creation and patching is all done within this application now, instead of calling out to another application to do it. It's now creating a new param.sfo from scratch, using any pertinent values from the original param that it can. By doing it this way it's fixing a ton of current compatibility issues (like with Star Ocean and Ninja Gaiden 2). It's not using a generic value for certain things like resolution and sound format either, so it should clear up a lot of issues there and make it virtually future proof.
- New version of unself included. This version is capable of creating elfs from already modified bins made with make_self. This will cut down on "Error creating elf" errors greatly.
- Key folder fixes. Now, you have 4 folders to choose from to place your keys, and they will be copied to the folder they should remain at during the first run. Choices are [userprofile]\.ps3, [userprofile]\ps3keys, [applicationfolder]\.ps3, and [applicationfolder]\ps3keys. This information is shown when the application launches if none are found, and displays the exact folders for your individual computer.
- Eboot fixing is now supported within this application. This means that eboots made for firmwares newer than 3.41 or 3.55 can be patched during creation instead of having A LOT on manual work needed after creation. Eboot patched for 3.41 work perfect for 3.55. At this time there is still no support for eboot fixing of 3.60 games do to the keys not being released yet.
- Performance enhancements. I optimized thousands of lines of code, making the application run much faster.
- Status bug fix. Status was not displayed until the process was finished. Status is now shown in real time.
- Various other small bug fixes.
- XP compatibility (Still not 100% tested, working perfectly on 2 testers' PCs). There seemed to be a permissions error when using XP and trying to delete certain temp files. This issue was caused by the .NET framework. I solved this by ignoring errors when attempting to delete certain problem files. Make sure you manually clean out any leftover files from your output directory when using XP.
- Listen to some peers and get ideas on what else this application could use.
- Add tabs for other functions this application could have that would help streamline creating cheat eboots (such as update pkg extraction and firmware fixes for other files besides the eboot.bin)
This application requires a set of decryption keys to unself the EBOOT.BIN file. All you have to do is download the ps3 keys and place them in one of the supported folders. The list of supported folders will be shown to you when the application initially runs. If no popup message appears showing you which folders are supported, then you already had the key folder. It's default and actual usage location is C:\Users\[YourUserName]\.ps3
PS3 decryption keys download here.
REMINDER: This application is for entertainment purposes only, it is NOT intended for online cheating, if you use this application for cheating online the consequences will be fatal, or in laymens words- BANNED. What happens to you online while using these cheats is not our fault, and we will not be held responsible for your actions. Keep in mind people - Cheating online is lame, and destroys the experience for other users.