EDIT 2013/08/01: v0.803 OBT released.
EDIT 2013/07/17: v0.802 OBT re-released. Includes stability fix.
EDIT 2013/07/17: v0.802 OBT released. Includes localization update.
EDIT 2013/07/14: v0.801 OBT released. Includes minor bugfix.
Here is the identification tool which me and l_Oliveira have been working on.
PS2Ident is an identification tool that allows dumps of a PlayStation 2 console's ROM chips and MECHACON NVRAM to be made. It will also gather data from the console, for research purposes.
Basically, it does:
- Dumps the boot ROM.
- Dumps the whole DVD ROM (rom1:, rom2: and erom.
- Dumps ROM chips as a whole, not according to their contents.
- Coloured user interface that is easy to use.
- Supports dumping to memory cards and USB mass storage devices.
- Supports multi-languages, which include the 8 supported languages by the PS2.
- Gathers data of all known parts of the PS2.
- Attempts to automatically match the chip/part name with the version number of the part.
- Supports all PlayStation 2 consoles, including the SCPH-10000 and SCPH-15000, and the PSX (DVR unit).
PS: We're looking for people to translate the tool too!
EDIT: Now about making translations: There is a short explanation on what needs to be done within the "Supported languages" section of the project homepage.
As for those who volunteered to make the translations:
Japanese translation: Unassigned.
German translation (completed): Delta_force
French translation (completed): ShaolinAssassin.
Italian translation (completed): master991
Spanish translation (completed): ElPatas
Dutch translation (completed): Someone who wishes to remain anonymous.
Portuguese translation (completed): Gillbert
Downloads/links and more information:
PS2Ident project page: - PS2Ident support page -
Sister thread on AssemblerGames: PlayStation 2 identification tool