A new clone has appeared using a very similar external housing to that of True Blue. However, after removing the clone PCB from its exterior casing it becomes evident that there are a number of major differences:
- Actel used is A3P125 instead of larger A3P250 used on True Blue.
- Clone uses a cheap MCU and cheap dip type crystal in addition to cheaper Actel instead of full Actel integration in the original True Blue design
- Clone has a tact switch which the original does not require, and switch can only be accessed by pulling PCB out of the case
- Actel logic on clone is based on partial guess work of the original and will not function correctly in future updates
- PCB circuit design is highly congested, with numerous visual differences evident, such as programming pads for the MCU and addiional resistors/caps
Please refer to the pictures shown below, to compare the original and clone.
A new software update will be made publicly available in the next few days which will allow users to differentiate original from clone by performing a firmware update.