So in this version deank decided to completely remove and rewrite the "copying folders / games" function. Currently the new function is using less RAM and performs much better. While rewriting this function he added the "double progress bar" . So now you can view the overall progress as well as each file. Checkout all the changes and info below in the official release quote by deank.
multiMAN 04.17.00 is now available online for cex/dex/stealth.
multiMAN ver 04.17.00 BASE (20121220).rar (111.88MB)
* multiMAN ver 04.17.00 BASE CEX (20121220).pkg
* multiMAN ver 04.17.00 BASE DEX (20121220).pkg
* multiMAN ver 04.17.00 BASE CEX STEALTH (20121220).rar
* Latest versions of mmRAS and mmRAS_server by aldostools
* Latest version of installPKG (with support for /dev_hdd0/PKGTMP)
* Showtime, bdRESET, stDISC, gameDATA, lastGAME as usual
Here are the changes from 04.16.02/03/04/05/06 to the latest:
* Improved overall speed of all functions and GUI
* Data Test/Verify functions now take fraction of the time compared to previous versions
* Improved 'Verifying data' of USB games by a factor of 50
* Improved scan before copying a game/folder
* Improved loading folders in mmOS
* Improved just a bit deleting games/folders
* Greatly improved loading content when browsing PS3 HDD/USB drives in game modes
* Loading Retro ROM/Video/Photo and ISO folders while browsing PS3 HDD/USB is now about 15 times faster
* Added "Friendly" name option in "Settings"/"Network Servers" for /net_host parties
* Fixed over-scrolling when browsing through large number of entries
* Increased max number of entries in game modes by 50% to 3072 (from 2048)
* Improved speed when copying games/files from/to USB HDDs
* Improved speed when copying games from PS3 Game Discs
* Improved speed when copying/browsing folders via FTP (LIST/MLSD)
* Added support for up to 99 pkg files in the [* Install Package Files] queue
* [* Install Package Files] function will scan /dev_hdd0/PKGTMP and will MOVE the queued pkg files from this folder (saving HDD space by not copying to temp location)
* mmOS will now honor the "Verify USB Games" setting when starting games from icons/shortcuts/game-folder
* Scanning for active USB storage devices is now performed in the background and will speed up loading games on 4.**CFW
* Verifying games in now performed in the background (when possible) to avoid delays when loading games
While on the 'improvement' track I decided to remove and completely rewrite another major function in mM - copying folders/games. Currently the memory used by the new function is down to 6MB (from 12MB - used to be 32MB in the beginning). While at it I added the double progress bar so you can monitor the progress for each file and the overall progress.
I used LittleBigPlanet game as a test/reference when I started improving things last week and finally got about 15-30% speed increase.
8343MB (240 files):
Before the optimizations:
HDD->USB = 13:20min (800 seconds) (~10.4MB/s)
USB->HDD = 11:30min (690 seconds) (~12.1MB/s)
After the optimizations:
HDD->USB = 10:30min (630 seconds) (~13.3MB/s) (about 28% faster)
USB->HDD = 08:30min (510 seconds) (~16.4MB/s) (about 35% faster)
Of course with games with less files the transfer speed hits the limit of the internal HDD (~30MB/s) or the external USB (~20MB/s) like for example copying GT5 (14056MB in 19 files):
HDD->USB = 15:05min (905 seconds) (~15.5MB/s)
USB->HDD = 11:58min (718 seconds) (~19.6MB/s)
Copying from PS3 Game Disc is at ~8.4MB/s (which is the max. read rate of the ps3 bd-drive).
It may not look THAT much faster, but probably with larger games the saved time will be a lot more. 5 or 15 mins saved is still something.
p.s. To those who wonder about the latest speed improvements - you may remember my posts during the year: "Saved 5MB or RAM here... 20MB or RAM there... another 15MB RAM saved..." so finally I found time to utilize the resources I managed to free. Now I had to rewrite a lot of functions from scratch and optimize them as much as I can. The result is more speed and stability.
Download: multiMAN ver 04.17.00 BASE (20121220).rar (111.88MB)
Source: Deank via Ps3Crunch
Additional multiMAN Info: Click Here
multiMAN Donation: PayPal Link