Exclusive to PSX-Scene comes other great mods by futuretime23.
Following his mod for DOOM 3 BFG Edition,
comes Duke Nukem Forever map mods.
Maps included are Duke Lives, The Duke Cave and Vegas in Ruin. Also included in the mod pack is Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe
were you get to play as Dark Kahn
. Catch all the details regarding this release below.
Hello! I was recently able to mod Duke Nukem Forever's maps
(and this is just the beginning, I'm not saying that I'm able to mod the structures, but the items/weapons/enemies/allies placement can be modified rather easily with a hex editor) and got 3rd person view working!
(it does have it's drawbacks though)
The modded maps are: Duke Lives, The Duke Cave and Vegas in Ruin, play the maps to see the differences yourself.
The second game here on this modpack is Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe,
I was able to get Dark Kahn playable via PS3UserCheat codes (and left basemale_medium there as well, but he crashes the game, which is strange, via ProDG he works just fine)
How to install the mods for DNF:
1. Replace the .dnf files from the backup with the ones from the mods, the ps3 coalesced doesn't go in the backup, it goes to the patch's folder in the HDD (BLES01147, for example)
NOTES: Once you replace the .dnf files, go to DNF's Game data (for example, BLES01147_GD) and delete the files there so the game reinstalls them and loads them from there, else, no changes will occur.
2. If you die or load a checkpoint during these maps, all the changes (except for the items/weapons you picked up) will be undone, this is because the checkpoint system works like the maps: it's predefined.
3. The coalesced enables 3rd person view by pushing select, be sure to be playing on English or the game wont load that specific coalesced. (at least that's what I suppose, haven't tried the game on Spanish or any other language, so if someone wants to correct me, go right ahead)
4. There's a bug with the game engine when using 3rd person view: if you turn the camera in a moment when Duke normally can't turn around (for instance the 1st level, where Duke gets knocked down at the beginning), Duke will no longer be able to turn around (but the camera still moves), the only way to fix this is by loading the last checkpoint or binding another key so that you can disable the 3rd person view and then re-enable it.
5. The coalesced also acknowledges the Nuclear Warhead's presence instead of the Devastator's in the 1st level in the subtitles (pay attention to what one of the EDF soldiers say, make sure to have subtitles on)
How to install the mods for MK VS DCU:
This one is for PS3UserCheat users:
1. Simply replace the st.dat in the PS3UserCheat folder and the new cheats will show up.
NOTES: Dark Kahn is playable, but you have to push Select, NOT L3 (dumb mistake i left behind,sorry) He has no ending, and Dark Kahn's alternate color is a bit greener in the yellow parts.
2. Basemale_medium does work (at least via real time game modding he does, but it's extremely barebones, after all he is a basemale character) but via the codes I did, he keeps crashing for some reason, if anyone wants to fix these issues, go right ahead.
3. Dark Kahn has no move list in the pause menu, and neither does Basemale_medium from my ProDG testing.
Big thanks go to Opticky (also known as optantic) for helping me with the MK VS DCU codes!
Another thanks go to White Lord since he pretty much gave me the motivation to get Dark Kahn playable.
(forgot to mention
, 3rd person view in DNF also seems to have trouble with context sensitive actions)
Expect an update! (and a video, provided my internet doesn't decide to commit suicide every 5 seconds)
Download: DNF & MK VS DCU MOD Packs
Here's the updated ps3usercheat codes for MK VS DCU,they require fixing however(any new code that's not Dark Kahn for P1 self activates,regardless if you didn't push the buttons):http://www.filefactory.com/file/3uhky65iaf7l/
Password is supermario
BTW,keep in mind that the ps3usercheat codes i created were for the BLUS30246 version(without the patch) so i have no idea if they work for the BLES version(I copy pasted the codes to the BLES version,if anyone wants to test them,go right ahead) The new codes enable Basemale_Medium for P1 and 2,Dark Kahn for P2 and allow you to play on 4 backgrounds normally not playable in the game(calibration,charactertest,characterviewer/the bios viewer,and testparticles)
Here's a link to a video i did that demonstrates both games mods:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6P2m13Ushk
Update Two: 02/16/2013
I fixed the cheats for mk vs dc. Thanks to opticky and white lord for pointing out my mistakes!
Download: DNF & MK VS DCU MOD Packs
Link to the new MK VS DCU modding thread:http://psx-scene.com/forums/f180/mor...thread-110973/
Link to the DNF modding thread:http://psx-scene.com/forums/f180/duk...thread-102383/
for this Entry in this month's Contest!
Article created by Tranced