mmCM ver 04.18.05 BASE (20130124).pkg
- Adds additional support/fixes to Cobra CFW 4.30
--Dongle Required for Cobra Features
mmCM v4.18.04 BASE (20130118)
- Added initial Support to Cobra 4.30 CFW
- it seems to improves some games compatibility
The last cobra update was from Nov 7th and since these multiMAN features have bee added to mmCM as well.
multiMAN additions since last mmCM update
* When on-screen-keyboard (OSK) is used and user cancels the entry mM will not accept the entered text
* Created proper ring-buffer for mp3 playback which should mean no more glitches/pauses of the music
* Restored support for GLC3.PNG for themes in 8x4 mode
* Increased screenshot JPEG quality to 90% and 1MB buffer size
* Greatly improved graphics rendering (visuals) when mM is used in 480p/576p/720p
* Browsing Blu-ray, AVCHD and DVD-Video discs from the BD/DVD icon in Video column now works
* Removed duplicates of BD/AVCHD/DVD-Video entries in the Video column
* Fixed mouse-control when mmOS is the first display mode after mM starts
* Changed method for scanning of metadata for eboot.bin/self/sprx files
* Added support for downloadable packages/files in the Web column
* Fixed some minor issues (rename/delete) when using "Game Settings" menu (after using L1/R1 to switch games)
* Reworked some core functions and improved mM's performance even more
* When moving files on the same drive mmOS won't check for available free space
* Improved background scanning/verifying of USB games
* Improved copying folders (double progress bar and faster speed)
* Fixed copying folders with 0 byte files
* Visual improvements
* Added SD/MS/CF entries in Retro
* Fade-in for game backgrounds
* Some other improvements related to copying/scanning/verifying/etc
* Improved overall speed of all functions and GUI
* Data Test/Verify functions now take fraction of the time compared to previous versions
* Improved 'Verifying data' of USB games by a factor of 50
* Improved scan before copying a game/folder
* Improved loading folders in mmOS
* Improved just a bit deleting games/folders
* Greatly improved loading content when browsing PS3 HDD/USB drives in game modes
* Loading Retro ROM/Video/Photo and ISO folders while browsing PS3 HDD/USB is now about 15 times faster
* Added "Friendly" name option in "Settings"/"Network Servers" for /net_host parties
* Fixed over-scrolling when browsing through large number of entries
* Increased max number of entries in game modes by 50% to 3072 (from 2048)
* Improved speed when copying games/files from/to USB HDDs
* Improved speed when copying games from PS3 Game Discs
* Improved speed when copying/browsing folders via FTP (LIST/MLSD)
* mmOS will now honor the "Verify USB Games" setting when starting games from icons/shortcuts/game-folder
* Scanning for active USB storage devices is now performed in the background and will speed up loading games on 4.**CFW
* Verifying games in now performed in the background (when possible) to avoid delays when loading games
* Scanning for games is greatly improved and is 40-80% faster now
* Improved "Remote Access" functions (support for Left/Right stick mouse controls in remote mmOS)
* Added support for new mmRAS 01.02.00
* Some other general improvements
* Improved quality and speed of remote access screen rendering. Depending on server PS3 resolution the image is rendered as follows:
- 1920x1080 -> 960x720, 1280x720 -> 960x720, 720x480 -> 720x480, 720x576 -> 720x576 (all with PAR 16:9)
* Added support for new functions in mmRAS
* Added new lines in translation files
* Added linux (x86) version of ps3netsrv
* Updated Showtime (for mM and standalone) to 4.1.307
* Fixed a bug about 80010009 error not being fixed
* Updated PC application "ps3netsrv" to support fast folder-data retrieval
* Greatly improved loading of remote /net_host folders (up to 4096 entries in mmOS and 2048 in other modes)
* Greatly improved loading of remote Retro ROMs folders with covers
* Added support to access remote PS3 system in mmOS or in game modes via /net_host
- You can access all data of a remote PS3 to view/play photo/music/video files, transfer files/folders and load ISO games (PS3/PSX/DVD/BD) if used with Cobra CFW
* Added option in "Settings" - "Connect to Another PS3" - it allows full remote control (screen/pad) of another PS3 running multiMAN 04.15.00 and later
* Added option in "Settings" - "Remote Access Permissions" (Disable/Files/Screen/Full) to restrict remote connnections to your PS3
* Added support for mmRAS - PC application by Aldo (aldostools) which allows remote access to your PS3 (screen/pad) while running multiMAN
* Screenshot feature in multiMAN (START+R2) will now save screens as JPEG.
* The improved PC ps3netsrv application allows much faster access speeds when retrieving data from folders in mmOS or when browsing photo/music/video/ROMs from remote /net_host. You can now browse a remote folder with roms+covers and it takes a fraction of the time it took before.
* The Remote Access feature allows you to connect to another PS3 anywhere in the world (be it in the other room or across the country) and copy files/folders, play Retro ROMs, view photos and play music and video files (after caching)
* The Remote Access Control (PS3) feature allows you to connect to another PS3 running multiMAN and view its screen and control it with your pad. It allows you to minimize the current session and work with your own PS3 (to transfer files to the remote PS3 for example) and then return to the other PS3.
* The Remote Access Control (PC) feature via aldostools mmRAS client allows you to connect to your PS3 (or any other PS3 around the world running multiMAN) from your PC.
* The option in "Settings" (Remote Access Permissions) allows you to configure the access to your PS3. You can completely "Disable" it, you can allow remote connections only to access your "Files", you can restrict it only to remote control "Screen" or allow "Full" access for files and screen control.
* The Remote Access Control provides 960x540 resolution (it doesn't depend on the remote PS3 resolution).
* To be able to use these features you have to configure your remote peers in "Settings" -> "Network Servers".
* Any configured /net_host can be used for file access (PC and PS3) and for remote control (PS3)
* If you are connecting to a PC you must have ps3netsrv application running on the PC side
* If you wish to restrict access to your PS3 - change the setting in "Remote Access Permissions"
* If you wish to connect to another PS3 configured as /net_host - use the "Connect to Another PS3" function in "Settings"
* While connected to another PS3 you can 'minimize' the connection and work with your own PS3 and then resume the remote control. You will see the live minimized remote screen in the lower corner. To switch between local/remote control use [START]+[SQUARE]. To terminate a connection to a remote PS3 use [START]+[CIRCLE]. All other buttons you press will be sent to the remote PS3.
* Improved display of game titles in all modes (no double refresh/redraw)
* Fixed covers issue in 8x4 display mode
* Totally reworked 8x4 display mode (compatible with all themes)
* Added new translation labels
* Game and Firmware version display in "Game Settings" menu will reflect data found in GAMEI folder if "Ext. Game Data" is enabled
* Checking for game updates will also check GAMEI folder on external USB drives for installed game data
* Using NTFS/PFS driver with configured USB.CFG allows for any number of partitions
* If a broken cover is detected it is re-downloaded from the update server
* Fixed cover issues in 8x4 (and other display modes) when cover is missing or broken
* Added 300 new covers to the update server (over 5600 PS3 game covers available now)
* Games started from mmOS icons/shortcuts handle BD-Mirror/Ext.Game Data options properly
* Online update server updated (5320 PS3 game covers and 3420 PS1/PS2 game covers)
* Fixed copying of AVCHD/Blu-ray movie backups from Video column
* Added check for EBOOT.BIN firmware version (offset 0x428) and prompt to 'fix' the version to your current one.
This will fix 80010009 errors for 04.20-04.31 games without updates if EBOOT.BIN is encrypted with 4.20/0x1C key revision or lower.
Tested NFS:MW on 4.21REX without installing the 01.01 udpate for the game.
* Added back IDPS display in "System Information"
* Increased number of supported simultaneous FTP transfers to 8
* FTP user/password can be anything
* Added support for flashing 256MB NAND *.EID0.NANDBIN backups
* Fixed covers database
* Added hidden option in options.bin "kid_protection" (to control access to settings/mmos)
* Updated 11 of the translation files
Download: mmCM ver 04.18.05 BASE (20130124).pkg
Source: Deank via Ps3crunch & GaryOPA of ps3crunch