- Ability to run PSX ISO
Extract from IMPORTANT psx iso.txt:
Adding PSX isos for Iris Manager 1.50+ :
- Create a PSXGAMES folder in root of HDD or USB devices
- Put the PSX game folder here. The name of the folder is used as game name from Iris Manager.
- PSX game files must be .bin or .img files (or BIN, .IMG) containing sectors of 2352 bytes. You can put from 1 to 8 “iso” files
- Iris manager get “isos” in alphanumerical order. When you launch a game with multiple isos you can rotate the order in one screen in the last moment.
- You can put a COVER.JPG file (max size of 1024 x 1024 pixels)
- PSX config is saved in the game folder.
Example of the game structure:
/ Metal Gear Solid
| — COVER.JPG -> the cover
| — MGS1.IMG -> disc 1
|—- MGS2.IMG -> disc 2
| — psx_config.cfg -> psx config. saved from Iris Manager (Memory Card, Video Options …)
Iris Manager mount USB/ BDVD and HDD0 in this preference order to change virtually the disc. if one device can be mounted it is used for simulate EJECT/PUT the disc
if a game have two or more disc when the game ask for a disc change, unplug and plug USB device or eject and put the CD/DVD/BR disc to change of “iso” (to be sure when you “eject” it green led is blinking and when you put one “new” media green led is unblinking). The method is rotatory so when it use the last iso it turn to the first iso.
NOTE: You can use a BR disc without problem in the patched PSX Emu. Eject the media is unnecessary to play the game.
- The configuration of each game is saved in its folder, while the PSX game disc, is taken as reference for the games you have not saved the configuraración there.
- The order of the ISOS is alphanumeric (1.bin will be Disc 1, 2.bin will be Disc 2 and so on)
- When demos to run, if there are several, are presented with a screen that shows the order of the iso, but that makes pressing CIRCLE rotate upwards (so for example, if we are playing disc 2, you can select Start)
- If a USB device can be mounted, it is taken first as “eject”, otherwise a possible CD / DVD / BR can be mounted and ultimately the HDD (which you can not eject). This makes it possible that if we have a PSX game on the internal HDD, with a pendrive connected, disconnecting it and connecting it back, we can change from “ISO”.
- Changing ISO can only be done if the game is awaiting it and calling the appropriate function. This is because if you “eject” (even if you don’t see pendrive activity) the green led will flash. When inserted back, the “rotative” counter is updated.
- Internally the emulator supports 8 virtual files are rotated. Iris Manager assigns all consecutively. If a game had 3 albums would be allocated as follows: 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2 by what we see in the following sequence instead of the three would go to 1.
- Although you can change discs should not tinker needlessly with that: a game may hang, so Use it only when necessary
- Note that this is the first version of the emulator: if a game does not work but you have the assurance that if it works from ps1_emu CDROM (not the net), you tell me if I can watch it.
- Indeed, in PSX options, choosing emulator is unnecessary for ISOS: the program knows which one needs to run (unless it doesn’t find it).
-- Estwald updated Iris Manager to version 1.50.1 to solve a permission issue in the FTP Server.
-- Estwald updated again to version 1.50.2 to fix a problem with the settings for PSX ISO
Download: IrisManager 1.50.2
Thanks to szczuru_pasja for the news tip!