Update 2013/08/04: v0.806 released.
Update 2013/08/01: v0.805R released.
Update 2013/07/25: HDLGameUpdater (update tool) v0.800 released.
Update 2013/07/23: v0.805 released.
Update 2013/07/19 02:30: v0.804 re-released, includes stability fix.
Update 2013/07/18: v0.804 released, includes network functionality enhancements.
Update 2013/07/17: v0.803 released, includes network functionality enhancements.
Update 2013/07/14: v0.802 released, includes minor bugfixes.
Update 2013/07/12: v0.801 released, includes network support fix.
In 2011, some of us had started work on a HDLoader game installer that installs PlayStation 2 games onto the HDD unit for use with the HDDOSD. The games could be booted directly from the HDDOSD as if they were DLCs from the PSBBN.
The software uses a GUI-less version of OPL to emulate the CD/DVD drive.
Although the project is still considered to be under development, I've considered about putting it into the beta-testing phase as I think that most functions have already been completed.
Originally, it was tested amongst a handful of people that work with me... but it seems like most of them have become too busy with real life nowadays. I'll still like to reach a conclusion for this project soon, hence now I'm appealing to the public for open-beta testers. (Actually, I'm just making a release now, lol)
What does this system offer?
- Installs all PlayStation 2 games from the CD/DVD drive.
- Installs all PlayStation 2 games remotely from a PC, via TCP/IP over a network.
- Installed games can be booted directly from the HDDOSD.
- Allows the user to manage games locally on the PlayStation 2 console itself.
- Allows the user to manage games remotely from a PC, via TCP/IPover a network.
- Network performance uses the latest ethernet modules from the PS2SDK, giving about 2MB/s.
- Allows the user to specify the savedata icon to use with the game.
- Supports games >4GB (HDLDump seems to have some difficulty with that).
- DVD9 games are supported from the PC client only, as the CDVDMAN module within the boot ROMs of all consoles does not support DVD9 layer 1.
- A PlayStation 2 console.
- A HDD unit and network adaptor (clones MAY work, but don't cry to me if it doesn't).
It's not a documented feature, but editing the properties of a HDLoader game that was installed with another tool will make it bootable.
The copy of OPL that is used may be a little outdated though. It'll get updated once in a while.
You will need a working installation of the HDDOSD (Browser v2.00) to be able to fully enjoy all the features of this installer. I won't be writing a guide for getting it for those users with non-Sony HDDs, since it's copyrighted and isn't my work anyway.
If you wish to commit a guide for doing that, please feel free to do so!
Downloads/links and more information:
HDLGameInstaller project homepage: - HDLGameInstaller support page -
Sister thread on AssemblerGames: (CBT) HDLoader game installer
Original thread: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f19/cbt-...taller-113570/
EDIT: Forgot to mention that I am now looking out for people to translate the installer. Thanks!
As for those who volunteered to make the translations:Japanese: Unassigned.
French translation (completed): DaSA
Spanish translation (completed): ElPatas.
German translation (completed): Delta_force
Italian translation (completed): master991
Dutch translation (completed): An anonymous contributer.
Portuguese translation (completed): GillBert