HDD Encryption for PHAT Consoles
- On the PHAT consoles AES-CBC-192 is used for HDD encryption and AES-CBC-128 for VFLASH encryption.
- So no tweak and tweak key here. Each sector is encrypted with the same zeroed IV.
- VFLASH is encrypted once with ENCDEC key and zeroed IV!
- Data key is of size 32 bytes but only the first 24 bytes are used for HDD and 16 bytes for VFLASH.
- See also Multiupload.nl - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (contains scripts of ENCDEC emulator for both types of consoles).
3.60+ Loader Keys: Decrypting Tools
zecoxao @ PS3hax forums: Link
second thing is hdd encryption by glevand was incomplete. partially because he only had a slim and not a phat. now it's complete.
third thing is supposedly how cobra and 3k3y takes care of the drive keys on newer consoles. they basically don't even grab the keys, and all that's needed are sv_iso keys.
And no, we will never be able to get private keys - forget that ever happened in 3.55pre era.
As to the hdd crypto: well, it is about time that not only NOR consoles, but also NAND consoles can benefit from documentation about their encryption. In the longrun that means you could be able to dump your drivekeys and decrypt the hdd on the PC.
Ofcourse without keys you cannot get far, to give you an idea : http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php...d=1#post616317
Additional Info / Primary Source Checkout:
News Source: ps3hax.net