What?: A quick port of hatari 1.6.1 to ps3 using PSL1GHTV2.
Why ?: Because i like old atari computer
Who ?: Rtype
So far ,i ve only compil the lastest hatari src (1.6.1) with psl1ghtv2 (SDL used) and i only make few hacks to done it work (a little) .
So dont expect to much ...
All the credit to the HATARI TEAM and to the PS3DEV team .
- Works only with a keyboard & a mouse cnx to the ps3 !
- Some pb with SDL1.2 hatari code (ex: code Keysym 1.2 different from 1.3) so i make quick dirty hack , not all the keys are working and it's seem to break a lot keyrepeat .
- Hatari & sdlgui use partial screen update , and PS3 SDL don't have hardware cursor code , so i make another quick & very bad hack to show something we can call a mouse pointer (hum i know it's a square) and force the gui redraw , this make the gui very bad and slow, and there is a big lag between mouse action and screen update. Apologize for this.
- In fullscreen mode Gui seem not working correctly so change to desktop mode if needed.
- XMB seem to freeze PS3 when calling from home button so exit from the gui or AltGr-Q combo.
- I ve not tested all the option , just few games , so maybe other pb around ...
Sorry for all this problems but i hope you enjoy anyway ( i mean Atari lovers ) somes old good games .
Quick Install & Start:
- Create somes dir in /dev_hdd0/ :
/dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW and /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW/ST/ and /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW/ST/TOS/ and /dev_hdd0/HOMEBREW/ST/CONF/
- Put a valid tos named "rom" in:
- Put some ST/MSA dsk in :
- Install the pkg .
INGAME CONTROLS :
works only with a keyboard & a mouse !
joystick:LSTICK= JOY MOVE CROSS= Button1 SQUARE= button2
Guide to Compiling Hatari for PS3:
Click to View!
You have to download the hatari 1.6.1 original src before here : Index of /hatari/1.6.1/
then overwrite with the files i provied in my archive (except for CmakeCache.txt & link.txt ).
After you have to run in the hatari_1.6.1 root directory :
"cmake . -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=cmake/tc-ps3.cmake"
Then ... ( due to my unknowledge of cmake you have to do all these boring steps )
but for sure someone who know to use correctly Cmake can bypass these step if setup correctly the cmake/tc-ps3.cmake file.
you have to tweak the CmakeCache.txt created to hardcode the path for ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH and ZLIB_LIBRARY:FILEPATH
( find //hack ps3 in the one i provied)
At the final step of compilation, linking will failed until you add some linking path and options in
src/CMakeFiles/hatari.dir/link.txt (copy/paste the option i provied in my link.txt) .
( in addition in this file , i change the name of the build exec to hatari.elf )
Then finally you have to do a "make -f Makefile.ps3" to build the self/pkg .
Download: ps3release.zip via PSX-Scene
Source Code: ps3diffhatari-1 6.1.zip via PSX-Scene
Introduction by tthousand
LIKE/VOTE for this Entry in this month's Contest!