Packages installed the the external USB HDD must be played in Game Data Mode: [USB], and internal HDD packages played in Game Data Mode: [HDD]; which can be switched back to simply by launching Game Data Mode: [USB], or by using "Ext. Game Data" option in multiMAN.
More information below, taken from the exclusive release at Tortuga-Cove. It should also be important to note, this application should work with 3.41 and 3.55 jailbroken PS3 consoles.
gameDATA app for PS3:
- Allows the user to switch location of [game data] between internal HDD and first external USB HDD
- Allows to install PSN games (or any application/pkg) to external USB HDD
- Allows to get back to normal mode when you use "Ext. Game Data" option in multiMAN
- Allows saving space on internal HDD
- If you wish to install stuff to external USB - launch the app from "Game Data Mode: [HDD]"
- You're now in USB MODE (the icon will change to USB device with "Game Data Mode: [USB]" title
- Install PSN games or launch games - their data will go to the external USB HDD/stick
- Play your PSN (or disc) games from external USB device
- Once you're done with the game, either reboot your PS3 or launch the "Game Data Mode: [USB]" to get back to normal mode