, has compiled a new version of Gaia Manager
, bringing it to verison 2.05. This new version brings even more stability by using a hardcoded payload as well as adding in some Syscall36. Also, Gaia Manager has always "cleaned up the Sony log's since October 2010." That feature has always been active and working with Gaia Manager!
* Use harcoded payload (less crashes)
* Use another payload (with syscall36), it should never crash inside game now
* Reminder * Gaia Manager has the Sony logs cleanup since October 2010 and it's always active and working
If your having trouble with black screens and freezes, make sure to run Lv2 v6 (OMG) then run fix permissions found below:
Yes, the screen does turn black, but do not worry. Just watch the HDD indicator light to make sure it didn't freeze, then it will bring you back to the XMB.
Run the Lv2 OMG application every time before running Fix Permissions.
It seems that a lot of folks are having issues installing and running backups on there Ps3′s due to the bug in PL3 that effects file permissions. Here is what I have been doing to get around the black screen hangs and disc read errors.
1. Fire up multiMAN, blackb0x, whatever ftp & transfer your backup
2. Run your lv2 pkg of choice
3. Run the fix permissions app that is installed from running the package
The app will go through the HD and correct the file permission errors that come with using PL3. I have been using this method after each game backup I install,
however if you install (ftp/copy) 5 at a time the app only needs to be run once and it will fix all 5 games as it does its magic to the entire drive.
Now as far as USB, hamster driven HD’s etc I can not say as I do not have any of the above so I have not tested it myself.