Note: to ODE user's you may want to hold off on any updates until the manufacture of your ODE gives the green light.
Check out some of the new enhancements you’ll find when you update your PS3 to version 4.50:
- Auto download of system software updates has been expanded to support all PSN users.
- Auto download support of purchases made on the Web Store will be made available to all PSN users.
- New options for trophy privacy settings allow users to set which trophies are visible.
- Data can now be transferred from PS3 to PS Vita using wi-fi and ethernet connection.
Let us know what you think about all the new features in the comments below.
- Anyone (Any player can see your trophies)
- Friends of Friends (Your Friends and their Friends can see your trophies)
- Friends Online (Your Friends can see your trophies)
- No One (No one can see your trophies)
You can adjust for each game whether to show the trophies you earned. Go to [PSN] > [Trophy Collection] to select a game, press the Triangle button, and then select [Privacy Settings] from the options menu. To hide trophy information for a specific game, remove the checkmark from [Show Trophies for This Game] for that game.
The PS3 system can now perform the following operations when you set [Settings] > [System Settings] > [Automatic Update] to [On], even if you do not subscribe to PlayStation Plus. When this setting is [On], the PS3 system will automatically start each day at the specified time, perform these operations, and then turn off:
- Download content items purchased with other devices
- Download the latest system software
- [Closed Captions Settings] has been added under [Settings] > [Video Settings]. Set [Display Closed Captions as Specified by Content] to [Off] to adjust advanced settings for the display method.
- “PlayStationNetwork” has been renamed “PSN”.