Those consumers who can't install Custom Firmware (CFW) that is. I say that because CFW is still supreme over these ODE units. You have alot more freedom of your PS3 with CFW. So no way anyone in my opinion should ever give up CFW for an ODE you just going backwards. However for those user's who have later model consoles (2.5k/3k/3k models) that can not be downgraded with a flasher. This is a great solution, but if you can Downgrade your better off buying a flasher such as the E3 Flasher. View the latest details from Team-E3 below. What are your thoughts on these ODE which one impresses you the most? 3k3y,Cobra, or E3's ODE?
About the E3 ODE PRO
After E3 FLASHER and E3 card reader, the E3TEAM take the E3 ODE PRO to user, which is the optical drive emulator for PS3. It Run game and movie ISO's from all slim PS3 without the need to restrict your console to running on a CFW.
E3 ODE PRO works on all slim console include 2xxx, 3xxx and 4xxx .
- No eject and NO restart
- Select game and run automatically
- Supports all slim PS3's including previously "unbreakable" 2k5,3k and 4k systems!
- Select game, switch game and switch mode from E3 OS directly !
- Play games on ODE mode or BD drive mode
- Homebrew supported
- Easy upgrade and easy use
- Updatable via USB storage
- High quality components used throughout
- Built at a high tech facility
- Easy installation on 25xx,3xxx and 4xxx series Slim and Super Slim series consoles with solder board (quick solder board)
- Advanced software onboard and frequent free updates
- BD Movie support to follow (In a future update)
- PS1 and PS2 ISO support to follow ( in a future update)
Source: E3-tech l PS3crunch