Here is what aldostools had to say about this release, here at PSX-Scene:
It seems that some here have missed this:
Asure/Aldo's KLicense Tool Discussion - Page 18
Just copy the EBOOT.BIN, self/sprx and PARAM.SFO to the folder and let the program fix them.
If the klicense is already known (currently 16 known klicensees), it will take only 3 seconds to resign/fix your game using 3.40 or 3.55 keys.
If the klicense is unknown, it could take some minutes or hours to find it. eg. WWE 12's took 1 hour 7 mins 37 secs to find it.
The tool is based on Asure's brute force batch script, but improved a lot with the help and ideas of several devs/users @ crunch (see the credits).
Here is what PSX-Scene's own BahumatLord had to say about the update:
It will brute force the klicense from game updates so that self and sprx files can be decrypted and resigned correctly. It will also apply a hex patch to prevent error 8001003C. I've been using it the last couple days and it is hands down the best tool to use for making your own patches.
Sadly a lot of the patches that have been uploaded to PS3SceneFiles and elsewhere just don't work because the self/sprx files weren't resigned or the people that uploaded just didn't bother to test the games
This works in combination with SCE Tool. There's a download link there that has SCE Tool included or you can just download the klicense BruteForce tool if you already have SCE Tool.
Instructions on use
- Install your 3.60 game updates
- if it just uses an eboot, copy that eboot into the program directory and run eboot_fix.bat
- if it has self and/or sprx files too copy the eboot and all sprx/self files into the directory and run BruteForce.EXE. It has some klicense files stored already and will decrypt and resign everything automatically. If it doesn't have the klicense stored it will bruteforce the klicense for you. It can take anywhere from a couple minutes to over an hour - It just depends on how long it takes to find the klicense
- After everything is resigned copy/ftp the newly resigned eboot/sprx/self files to the proper place in dev_hdd0/game/**GAMEID**/...
- exe only 1.7.5: http://aldostools.org/temp/BruteForce.exe (62kb)
- full archive: http://aldostools.org/temp/scetool_0.2.8_bruteforce.7z (204kb)
Thanks to aldostools and BahumatLord for the news!