Original Article: Here is something that should please many users as well as the content providers for the PS3. Following up on my previous article that showed how you could block ports on your router to access Netflix and various other methods to access services without a PSN Login.
Now today a user by the name of Hells Guardian. has posted a method for DEX consoles to Access Services such as Netflix, Hulu and many others without the need to block anything. It is said that this method should only be used for Banned Consoles, They kick you off their network, now you have kicked them off your PS3. Oh the irony!!.
An UPDATED quote from Hells Guardian (updated on July 31st)
This will cause anything related to the PSN from logging in to creating an account to browsing the store and even the whats new section to simply return a DNS error 80710104
This also Bypasses all game update checks too!!!!
1. Must Start on DEX Convert it using the guides for rebug CFW..
2. In rebug toolbox under selector section set the following
XMB operation mode: Debug
Debug Menu: DEX
3. Go to debug Settings
4. Find the setting Update Server URL and change to anything (I used www.****yousony.net)
5. Find the NP environment setting under Debug Settings
6. change NP environment to a blank/invalid entry
8. try to sign in to make sure you are blocking PSN access
The Following is optional
9. using the rebug toolbox revert back to CEX
10. Follow the on screen instructions to reboot (if it dosent just do so)
11. try signing in. you should be greated with the same DNS error as when on DEX with an invalid NP.
12. enjoy your CEX machine with a PSN bypass.