Pb2（PS3break2) is the latest product from PS3break team who ever made a tremendous splash in the PS3 scene. Pb2 can break your own PS3 console and enjoy the latest and most popular PS3 games which require 3.6+ or 3.7+ PS3 firmware. The ps3break team are focused on enhancing the user experience of our customers, play games with it easily!
- Booting of games designed for PS3 system software v3.6 and above
- Runs your existing games and new v3.6+ games from HDD in conjunction with standard backup managers
- Does not require the power/eject trick
- Custom v3.55 Dongle firmware behaves like OFW when PB2 is not inserted
- Manufactured from highest grade components and Actel based
- Durable and high quality plastic case design
- Tough and durable plastic packaging
- Further features to be added as they are developed
- On board 2 MBytes SPI flash
- Supports Fat and Slim PS3 consoles currently running any firmware up to v3.55 and any PS3 which can be downgraded successfully from v3.6+ to v3.55 (NOTE: requires other tools, PB2 cannot downgrade a console)
- Supports all regions of consoles
- Supports all regions of v3.6+ games
- Rock solid crystal oscillator on board for flawless timings
A: PB2 does not support directly playing original game discs requiring 3.6+ on lower firmware versions. In order to play such recent games on your jailbroken 3.55 CFW PS3 you must first dump your original game disc to HDD using one of the many supported PS3 backup managers such as Multiman. Once you have dumped the game, you must obtain and install a " PB2 patch" corresponding to said game from our website. This procedure effectively creates a copy of your game on a HDD, modified to function on your 3.55 CFW PS3 in conjunction with PB2. For full details, please refer to the PB2 Users Guide on the download page.
Q: Where can I obtain PB2 patch files?
A: We host PB2 patch files on the Game Patches page of our website, no need to google these patch files by youself.Q:What are the requirements for using PB2?A:In order to use PB2, you MUST have a PS3 running firmware v3.55 or lower. If your PS3 is running a firmware version higher than 3.55 then you must first downgrade your PS3 via other means (such as hardware downgrade, please refer elsewhere for further information).
Q: What is the general procedure for getting 3.6+ games running on a 3.55 CFW PS3 with PB2?
A: The procedure is as follows:
2) Obtain dumps of your 3.6+ PS3 games using PS3 backup managers or other methods
3) Obtain PB2 game patches corresponding to the game dumps you have, and install these patches over the top of your game dumps. The patched game dumps should be stored either on your PS3´s internal HDD or an external USB HDD
4) Insert the PB2 dongle into your PS3 and turn on the console. Once the PS3 has finished booting, you may then launch your favourite backup manager (such as Multiman) and from there select your PB2 patched games
Q: There is no PB2 patch available for my favourite game XYZ, can I still play it with PB2?
A: Unfortunately, you will need to wait until a PB2 patch is available. The PB2 team monitors various web forums, so if there is a title you want to play then make a post on a PS3 related forum requesting the game or email us with your request. We will most likely see your post or email and do our best to release a patch as soon as possible.
Official Site: PS3break
tthousand's thoughts - Team True Blue is not going to be happy about this. The question remains, will this dongle be able to handle the latest EBOOT patches, and the ones that will come in the future. I suppose the other question people will ask, is will this team create their own patches; the answer to that questions is most likely no, because it is not the dongle creators making the patches. Well, does TB have reason to fear? Only time will tell...